HATPC Interguild Forums Index HATPC Interguild Forums
 Interguild HomeBack to Main    Play HATPC!HATPC Game Window    Play HATIC!HATIC Game Window   Upload your cave!Cave Upload   RegisterRegister 
 NeopetsNeopets   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
 ProfileProfile   ShopsShops   Private MessagingPrivate Messaging   Log inLog in 

This site has been shut down. Go to the new site at: www.interguild.org

Top 10 cavers (playing, making and rating)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HATPC Interguild Forums Index -> Statistics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebby

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Neopets User: jebby444
-100 Dubloons
0 Gems
4 GAWAs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Top 10 cavers (playing, making and rating) Reply with quote

Yes, yet another greatest cavers thread. However, here is where you can cast your top 10 vote for the best cavers of all time. Your vote will be official, so really think about it and replay caves that you once thought were great, but might not be now you are more experienced. Cavers that may have seen great once may seem pretty poor now. Give reasons for each one too. As soon as you've finished reading this, make up your mind and post whenever you can. And you can include yourself wherever you like. Each of the lists will be merged into an official list that will be posted here.

10. magnapple
9. dando52
8. fungus_amongus_1193
7. gingerandwhiskers
6. dabigkid
5. cheopspyramid
4. quirvy
3. jebby444
2. thealexander
1. canadianstickdeath
I'll put this on my list of videos to watch in three months.

to watch in three months, or to put them in your list in three months?

Urge to kill... Rising...

Last edited by jebby on Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:41 am; edited 7 times in total
jebby is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
jebby

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

-100 Dubloons
0 Gems
4 GAWAs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are mine. If you think I should edit it, I will.

10. nathanaels13: one of the best speed cavemakers of all time. Has made a wide variety of simple speed caves and made a very exciting range. Unfortunately, has recently quit the game.

9. magnapple: a relatively new player with boundless energy and enthusiasm. Has the potential to become one of the greatest.

8. jellsprout: a 'cave scientist' who has looked at the game from many angles and has made some marvellous caves. Knows the game inside out.

7. cheopspyramid: a veteran with a lot of talent in cavemaking. cheops made some extraordinary caves that I wish we still had today available.

6. gingerandwhiskers: probably the creator of HATPC guilding. Started playing the instant the game started and made caves for years. Famous for making the first cave video.

5. fungus_amongus_1193: a cavemaker who has become a great within a few months of playing. Produces fantastic caves regularly and has taken cavemaking to a new level.

4. dabigkid: DBK was wellknown for making some absolutely HUGE caves full of exciting layouts. Was very good at making caves realistic to the real world.

3. jebby444: yes, me. I haven't done a great deal cavemakingwise; two years ago, I doubt I would have been in the top 50. However, I have worked hard to make some decent caves lately and have done so. I think I've rated more caves than anybody else too. Running out of reasons to justify this position; does starting the interguild count?

2. quirvy: the most prolific cavemaker of the lot. quirvy has probably made more caves than all the members of the PCCA council have put together. Made the foundations for basic caving in his early caves and has inspired a new level of caving.

1. canadianstickdeath: the undisputed master of caving. Has made caves of hideous difficulty and unreachable design. Is also one of the best caveplayers I have known; he can get further than most people in anything. And I dispute his dispute over my undisputable statement. Razz

Last edited by jebby on Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
jebby is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
fungus

-
-

Neopets User: fungus_amongus_1193
-100 Dubloons
1 Gems
0 GAWAs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you pretty well, good list there. Here's mine. I did 11 cause i had a hard time with just 10. Im also posting my favorite cave of theirs

11 flamming_bolder: Though he hasnt made a whole lot of caves, the ones he have have become quick favorites of mine. Blood

10 dando52: His caves include some fantastic designs and original traps. Though he doesnt have a worhty cave up now, plague was really good as were a few of his others in which i dont remember the names. Plague and Prophecy

9 magnapple: yep, great designs, and very good at making caves a good balance of difficult and fun. Though he just became really good a couple months ago, he will become one of the best pretty soon. SK really set him off. Fiery Skyscraper

8 gingerandwhiskers: Amazing designs and the abitilty to make hannah "meander" through his caves really define GAW. He's made many classics. Spike WOrld

7 cheopspyramid: I havent played a whole lot of his caves but the few i havve are really amazing. Pointless peak especially. Pointless PEak

6 fungus_amongus_1193: yep thats me! I create caves relatively quickly, while keeping them very good quality wise. Black Death

5 jebby444: Yup, great at producing caves. Jeb specializes in originality and design, sometimes sacrificing abit of fun, but that doesnt matter at all. (i honestly like bribe a lot more fun-wise now that ive gotten kinda far)
Bribe and Massacre

4 dabigkid: One of the few cavemakers that won the spotlight with a really worthy cave. He's since then become quite unactive but still has an amazing cave up. Scenic Streams

3 quirvy: This guy doesnt stop cavemaking. Though his latest caves have lacked what his previous had, he still has made many classics. Probably made more caves than anyone else. Scrutchus

2 thealexander: Not much is known about alex, but he is one of the greatest cavemakers design-wise. Ive played only two of his caves, both of which are still up. However, though ive only seen two, they are both amazing quality wise, both ive given a 900+ rating. The climb

1 canadiansticdeath: Who else? Made antoehr huge amount of caves, all being great quality wise. He's made many masterpieces and definately defines cavemaking today. Snowflake of Doom

Whew

Last edited by fungus on Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
fungus is offline View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
canadianstickdeath

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Neopets User: canadianstickdeath
-100 Dubloons
2 Gems
3 GAWAs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"canadianstickdeath: the undisputed master of caving"

Yay me, lol. Unfortunatly, that statement is untrue, as I, right now, am disputing you. I don't stand atop a cheopspyramid, looking down at all the cavers below and laughing manically. I've always had cavers that I've looked up to, along with those that look up to me. I'd rather just think of us all holding hands in a big circle while spitting on Hannah and poking her with sticks. This, by no means, is me saying I think you should change your list, lol.

"(He) Is also one of the best caveplayers I have known; he can get further than most people in anything."

I won't dispute you on that one.

Too bad that didn't send. Sad

Seriously, let me know if you beat that. There's about 2000 points room for improvement, if you get lucky enough to have the level 16 explosions not mess up at all.

It should also be mentioned that GAW's guild was not actually the first HATPC guild. If you look at the creation dates of the two, I think you'll find Kary's guild beats GAW's by a couple of months. GAW created his after leaving yet another earlier guild, created by angelbaby (I have no idea where you can find this guild, as angelbaby isn't the full username).

Anyway, I'm going to list the top ten cavers, in no particular order, and with no reasoning behind them. Canadianstickdeath, gingerandwhiskers, dando52, dhd12391, quirvy, cheopspyramid, ustedloco, dabigkid, fungus_amongus_1193, and thealexander. Runnerups include, google246, jebby444, and __crystal____. With that said, there are a lot of other good cavers who didn't quite make this list, and *starts talking as if to large audience* no one can take away from the fact that creating something of your own, something good, is one of the greatest things anyone can ever do.

Last edited by canadianstickdeath on Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
canadianstickdeath is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website link
jebby

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

-100 Dubloons
0 Gems
4 GAWAs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough, remember that I wasn't around guilds until I joined GAW's guild before the merge. I relied only on hearsay. I still say that he did a lot for HATPC guilding.

I know you don't want to be specific, but please put up a top ten even if there isn't a reason behind each one. Then I can add some stats to my list. I can't really add your usernames because they aren't in any order. Rolling Eyes

fungus

-
-

-100 Dubloons
1 Gems
0 GAWAs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel special for being included in every list so far Mr. Green

thnx for your support Mr. Green
jebby

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

-100 Dubloons
0 Gems
4 GAWAs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, csd regarded you as a better caver than me, well done indeed.

I feel evil now for putting myself at number 3. I guess starting up the interguild counts for something though.

fungus

-
-

-100 Dubloons
1 Gems
0 GAWAs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont be hard on yourself. Bribe and massacre really put you up there, seriously.
jebby

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

-100 Dubloons
0 Gems
4 GAWAs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, true, but one cave shouldn't make a caver. I'm always ready to keep plugging at my cavemaker to see if anything half-reasonable appears.

fungus

-
-

-100 Dubloons
1 Gems
0 GAWAs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep doing just that then. Mr. Green
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HATPC Interguild Forums Index -> Statistics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: